Mom had so many things to do after winter that I was worried she’d forget a few. Her list was endless, and we all watched as she rushed everywhere. We had guests coming over for the summer holidays, and mom wanted everything to be perfect. Her main tasks were centered around getting the guest bedroom ready. We were hosting a huge family event, and she loved being the host of such an amazing day. One crucial chore was left undone that spring, and we noticed it when it was too late in summer. We had to turn on the AC system a few weeks into summer because it was getting hot. No one had remembered to call in the HVAC technician to service the cooling unit. We only noticed an issue with the HVAC system when it started making a loud and irritating noise. Dad was worried because he knew this would stress out my mom even more. But, before we could get in touch with an AC mechanic, the air conditioning in our home stopped working. Mom was horrified, but we assured her we would get the HVAC system working before the guests arrived. Luckily, we had a 24-hour AC emergency repair plan with the HVAC company. An AC expert arrived at our home half an hour later to look at the faulty device. He started by taking it apart and noticed it was pretty dirty. The dust and gunk didn’t end there since it had clogged the air filter, preventing airflow in and out of the AC system. That was the cause of the cooling unit shutting down. Mom remembered we hadn’t phoned the AC business to come and service the device. That was why it was so dirty, and the air filter was clogged after using the heating unit all winter.