We were getting all new furniture as well and that was something I was really thankful for
It was truly devastating when our home went up in flames. I’m just thankful that all of the children were okay and the babysitter. The thing is, I’m still not sure exactly what happened. The children said the babysitter was lighting candles and the next thing they knew, the living room was going up in flames. The smoke alarms were blazing and the babysitter got all the kids out of the house and called 911. I mean, I don’t want to point fingers or anything, but it is terribly upsetting everything we lost in the fire. We had old picture albums that were taken away. Fortunately we have backup pictures in a fireplace safe that we have, but so much was lost and it is devastating. We also had a relatively new ductless mini split and that went up in smoke too. Well fortunately, we have a pretty good fire insurance policy and they said they would cover the cost for everything that we lost. We made a detailed report of everything that we lost in the fire. I couldn’t believe they were getting us all new big screen TVs, modern computers, and advanced stereo systems in different parts of the house. We were getting all new furniture as well and that was something I was really thankful for. The best thing though was that they covered the cost for a new ductless mini split installation as well. We got a much nicer system than the one we had previously and I was in disbelief. It was also installed professionally so we got the whole warranty.